Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday and Christ shown in friends.

Easter Sunday. Christ shown in friends.

Today my good friend Heidi Allen invited me over for a potluck dinner. It was a nice evening filled with laughs and enjoyment. I'd make the story long and detailed but I need to retire to bed soon so just imagine a splendid evening with everything that comes with it.

The best part was that one of the girls said that she wanted to express the blessing of Easter and our testimonies of Christ. I really do miss sharing my testimony of Christ for sharing and bearing it is what make it grow and become stronger. And so we turned out guy vs girl war of a conversation into a united testimony of Christ by way of a spiritual hymn entitled "Army of Helaman/Sister in Zion" duet. I don't really know the office title of that particular song.

None the less Heidi sang us a song she composed and it was one of the most beautiful and spiritual songs that I heard. It touch and moved my soul deeply. And while listening to the melody I had the thought come to my mind

"My most valued friends are not the cool people but those the inspire me. They will be the ones I remember the longest in life."

And so the story goes that I realized that I want to have Jesus as my best friend and sit around with Him and talk to Him like I do people here. I might have that chance in this life but I did see that each of us has a part of Christ in them especially as we develop Christlike attributes. And so when we are in good company we are in a sort in the presence of Christ and we can bask in His glory.

So remember to be you best to others so that they may learn a little more about who Christ really is. For I know that I learn the most about Him when others are striving to be like He would be. It usually is a more powerful lesson to me then work in a book and ink on a page. Seeing a sermon preach has a more powerful effect than listening to it.

And I think that is how Jesus taught best. Do as I am doing. Come follow me. That is my perception of the week. I know that He lives and He loves us with a pure love. Even charity, which is His pure love. And I go now and leave that short story with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Happy Easter. God bless.


Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment