Tuesday, November 17, 2009

July 5, 2009 - Quiet 4th


Quiet 4th
                Rexburg’s population was cut in half this weekend. It looks like one out of every six students remained behind while thousands of others flocked to different parts of the U.S. to be with family and friends.
                I took advantage of the peace and quiet and relax this weekend. It was a nice change to do homework without pressure or distraction but I also noticed a lack of motivation and efficient of time.
                On the 4th I just hung around my apartment complex, shoot romans candels and watch people have a good time.
Mentor for Get Connected. Partner Carlie.
                A current project I am doing is called Get Connected in which I help new freshmen come to school and catch the spirit of Rick (a moto to be good people and helps others. To be Christlike.) As a mentor I am a leader of other voulenteers to help these new students.
                I have been paired with a great girl named Carlie and we have a blast together. We do improto Ninja Destructinos games, feed off each other personalities and share personal insights.
                The process to choose the volenties and know where to place them come by direction of the spirit. As we chose people together we would feel strong about one person and have no feeling about another. What was really cool was that every person I didn’t have a feeling about Carlie did and it was vice versa for me. What a bonding experience!
Cheerleading pool accident.
Time Management
                In a recent church meeting we were given instructions about time management which was ironic because I have a online class about it which I was procrastinating.  Ironic. I know. This past week and most my homework focus over the holiday break was on this topic.
                Its an odd principle. Managing time will give me more time. Not that time is created but I will have done more with what I was given. Even the reason I have written this letter was because of that class. I put it on my to-do list.
                Setting goals and accomplishing them. Not always easy to do but worth the effort. I was also astounded by how much time I waste. Record what you do for a day. Reflect on it. I can tell you that there will be something you can improve on. Some time that can be better spent somewhere else.

There is Light in the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment