May 24, 2009
The town of is quite. Businesses and building are close to empty. The days are bright and sunny and while the nights are cool with clouds. The sunsets are a master piece of art by the Great Creator. Plans are being made, homework is attempted and relationships are blooming. This is Rexburg.
Memorial week is upon us. Students are traveling all over the country. Classes aren’t till Wednesday so we have a break to catch up on homework or get sweet on that special someone.
Our ward went to Civil Defense caves this past Friday. I had a girl, Gracie, who was suppose to come with me but she got sick. I tried to get her well, so I got some oranges and localized honey. The first makes you feel good and the second for allergies. It worked and she felt better! But it was the next day L so the caves weren't as fun.
Being out there is still amazing. Some students pulled out a couple guitars and a drum. Music floated into the night. We gathered around the blazing fire and sat on the cool earthy ground. The smell of smores filled the air. The flap on the bottom of my shoe served as a good holding spot for my roasting stick.
My plans continued to fall apart the next day. The plan was to splash around in Monkey Rock, a local swimming area/water fall, and go to some hot springs. Even today I was supposed to make bread with another girl. I am not sure why it all fell apart and it was rather discouraging but I trust that all things will work out.
I went to the temple yesterday and that boosted my spirits up. As I was leaving I felt to look for a scripture to guide me. I cleared my mind and felt prompted to read 2 Nephi 22:2(an excerpt from Isaiah quoted to the Nephites). I opened to it and read:
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.”
It filled me with hope for the future, especially when I don’t understand why things don’t work out.
I am also doing a challenged to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days. I have about two days left before I finish it. It takes anywhere from 1 ½ to 2 hours to read a day. It’s been a sacrifice that has been blessed back upon my head.
Spending that time with God has opened up more time for me. I am able to accomplish more in less time. I see miracles. Everything seems to just work out.
On top of that my days are better. By small things great things come to pass.
Life is great! I love it. And side note: I learned a new song on the guitar. J
Hope you have a great week!
Much love,
Brandon
P.S. I wrote this in the afternoon and am editing at night. Because of prayer and fasting I understand a little why things didn’t work out and what I should be doing now. God does answer our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment